The Henleaze Society
Welcome to The Henleaze Society
The Henleaze Society is a charity, registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales (number 269072). It was established in 1973 to give a voice to local residents who had met to discuss their concerns about the impact of new and proposed developments in the area. Residents were particularly concerned about the loss of local leisure facilities, at a time when house building was leading to an increase in the population of Henleaze.
In the 2020s, the aim of The Henleaze Society is still the same, namely “to ensure that Henleaze remains a good place in which to live and work”. In fulfilling this aim, our key priorities are those listed below. To see evidence of what we have achieved, follow the link to our Achievements page.
- Communication: Sharing information that affects Henleaze.
- Planning: Monitoring local planning applications.
- Transport and Environment: Keeping abreast of environmental and transport issues.
- Floral: Enhancing the shopping areas with flower troughs.
- Defibrillator: Maintaining a public access defibrillator.
- Events: Arranging events for members – e.g. Open Gardens Days and trips.
- Henleaze Forum: Facilitating Henleaze’s Community Forum.
An annual subscription, which covers all household members, is £5 per annum within Henleaze or £7.50 (postage included) if outside the hand distribution area. The subscription supports the Society’s activities and entitles members to receive a printed quarterly Newsletter, ad hoc email updates and invitations to events organised by the Society. To join The Henleaze Society, or receive further information, please contact us.
We will use this space on our website to draw attention to current issues:
Members’ Quarterly Newsletter
If you are not a member but would like to receive a complimentary copy of the Newsletter (prior to deciding whether to join), please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The last Newsletter was published on 27 November 2023.
We hope that you will find this website informative about Henleaze and the surrounding area.
Trustees of The Henleaze Society