The Henleaze Society
Welcome to The Henleaze Society
The Henleaze Society is a charity, registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales (number 269072). It was established in 1973 to give a voice to local residents who had met to discuss their concerns about the impact of new and proposed developments in the area and, in particular, about the loss of local leisure facilities, at a time when house building was leading to an increase in the population of Henleaze.
In the 2020s, the aim of The Henleaze Society is still the same, namely “to ensure that Henleaze remains a good place in which to live and work”. In fulfilling this aim, our key priorities are those listed below. To see evidence of what we have achieved, follow the link to our Achievements page.
- Communication: Sharing information that affects Henleaze.
- Planning: Monitoring local planning applications.
- Transport and Environment: Keeping abreast of environmental and transport issues.
- Floral Displays: Enhancing the shopping areas with planters and hanging baskets.
- Defibrillator: Maintaining a public access defibrillator.
- Events: Arranging events for members.
- Henleaze Forum: Facilitating Henleaze’s Community Forum.
An annual subscription which covers all household members – currently £5 per annum within Henleaze or £7.50 (postage included) if outside the area – supports the Society’s activities and entitles members to receive a printed quarterly Newsletter, ad hoc email updates and invitations to events organised by the Society. To join The Henleaze Society or receive further information, please contact us.
We will use this space on our website to draw attention to key current issues:
Spring 2021 Newsletter
The quarterly hard copy of the Society’s Newsletter will be available from 7 May. If you would like to receive a complimentary copy before deciding whether to join the Society, please contact us
We hope that you will find this website informative about Henleaze and the surrounding area.
Trustees of The Henleaze Society